ISC2 CISSP Certification Requirements
ISC2 CISSP provides the following requirements and recommendations to earn and maintain a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.
Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years cumulative paid full-time work experience in two or more of the 8 domains of the (ISC)2 CISSP CBK. Candidates may receive a one year experience waiver with a 4-year college degree, or regional equivalent or additional credential from the (ISC)2 approved list, thus requiring four years of direct full-time professional security work experience in 2 or more of the 8 domains of the CISSP CBK.
Study for the CISSP exam. Resource study material includes the following:
- Download the exam guideline through provided link.
- Buy the textbook, the Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK.
- Buy the study guide, the Official (ISC)2 Study Guide.
- Take an (ISC)2 CBK Training Seminar.
- Study the Interactive Flashcards.
- Schedule the exam through Pearson Vue.
- Pass the exam.
Complete the endorsement process.
- It is required to subscribe to the (ISC)2 Code of Ethics and have your application endorsed before the credential can be awarded.
- An endorsement form for this purpose must be completed and signed by an (ISC)2 certified professional who is an active member, and who is able to attest to your professional experience. With the endorsement time limit, you are required to become certified within nine months of the date of your exam or become an ISC Associate.
- If you do not become certified within nine months of completing the exam you will be required to take the exam again.
Maintain the CISSP certification. Re-certification is required every 3 years by meeting all renewal requirements, which include:
- Earn and submit a minimum of 40 continuing professional education (CPE) credits each year of the 3-year certification cycle and total of 120 CPE credits by the end of the 3-year certification cycle.
- Pay the annual maintenance fee (AMF) of $85 each year of the 3-year certification for a total cycle.
- Abide by the (ISC)2 Code of Ethics.